As Typhoon Mangkhut approaches Guam and in anticipation of Condition of Readiness 2, the Joint Information Center is providing a list of businesses and establishments that are open or closed tomorrow:
All Government of Guam offices, with the exception of essential services and personnel, will be closed when Condition of Readiness 2 is declared (this is anticipated at 7 p.m. today.) This includes the University of Guam and Guam Community College.
War in the Pacific National Historical Park - will close once COR 2 is announced.
Bank of Guam – All Rota and Guam branches will close on Monday until COR 4 is announced and conditions are safe. Exposed BOG ATMs will be offline beginning Sunday night. Indoor ATMs are not affected as well as merchant services. Our Customer Contact Center will remain available until midnight tonight.
Coast360 ATMs that are outdoors and exposed to weather conditions, such as the Maite drive thru, Dededo and Tamuning. All others will remain online.
Two Lovers Point - Closed at the declaration of COR 2.
Guam Premier Outlets - Open until COR 1 is announced
Tumon Sands Plaza - Open until COR 1 is announced
Agana Shopping Center - Open until COR 1 is announced
Shoppette and Gas Express in Barrigada – Closed at 5 p.m. today
7-Day Supermarket: Regular hours on Monday
Pay-Less locations: Will maintain regular store hours as weather permits
Cost-U-Less - Open until midnight.
Public Health Southern Regional Community Health Center
Department of Public Health and Social Services: The Department of Public Health and Social Services would like to announce that the Southern Regional Community Health Center will open at COR 2 and for the duration of the storm for non-emergency cases. The limited services that will be provided include the following:
- Patients who need power to connect to operate their oxygen machines. They will need to bring their oxygen machines to the center. They also should bring necessities such as food, drinks, and any required medication. Please bring only one individual to accompany you to the center. The center is equipped to accommodate only two oxygen tanks. Please call Mr. Cid Mostales at 828-7516/7517 before coming to the center.
- A doctor will be available to treat patients who need non-emergency care (light wounds, & minor injuries). If you are experiencing a life-threatening conditions, please call 911.
Seventh Day Adventist Clinic - Closed on Monday
*Patients with appointments are advised to contact their clinic directly.
Solid Waste and Trash Service
Transfer Stations - The Guam Solid Waste Authority residential transfer stations are open until 5 p.m. Island residents may experience a disruption in services as all GSWA operations will cease in the event that COR 1 is declared. GSWA facilities, customer service, operations, landfill, and transfer stations will resume during normal hours on the next business day, following a COR 4 announcement. Customers can call 646-3111 for more information.
*Note: JIC wasn’t able to reach other institutions. If you would like to be added to the list of updates, please contact Guam Homeland Security/Office of Civil Defense at (671) 478-0209 or 478-0208/10.
How Can I Stay Up to Date with the Joint Information Center?
The Joint Information Center is the government of Guam, military and federal government’s clearinghouse for accurate information during emergencies. The following is a list of radio partners, where you can get updated information about Typhoon Mangkhut:
o KSTO 95.5 FM
o 102.9 KISH FM
o Isla 630 AM
o K57 AM
o i94 FM 93.9
o Power 98 FM
o Hit Radio 100.3
o Cool FM 92.7
o The BOSS 104.3
o Star 101.1
o MegaMixx KTKB 101.9
o KAT FM 105.1
o The Shark 99.5
o KHMG 88.1 FM
TV and Newspaper partners include:
• KUAM: kuam.com
• Pacific News Center: pacificnewscenter.com
• Guam Daily Post: postguam.com
• Pacific Daily News: guampdn.com
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
· NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.
· NWS Facebook: https://www.
· GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.
· Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.
· Governor Calvo Facebook: https://www.
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208 or 478-0209 or 478-0210.