To date, there have been 185 cases confirmed through COVID-19 testing provided with 5 deaths, 168 released from isolation, and 12 active cases. As this is an evolving situation, information is subject to change with little to no notice. For updated information on COVID-19 cases on Guam, visit the COVID-19 Dashboard and Situation Report at http://dphss.guam.gov/covid-19/.
DPHSS Issues Guidance Memos 2020-19, 2020-20
Today, the Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) released DPHSS Guidance Memo 2020-19 relative to additional businesses and organizations permitted to operate under Pandemic Condition of Readiness (PCOR) 2.
Effective Monday, June 15, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., the following businesses and activities are allowed:
- Childcare facilities at no more than 25% occupancy rate;
- Therapeutic massage establishments;
- Movie theatres;
- Fishing charters and other similar businesses; and
- Non-organized contact physical activities and sports.
- Sporting events, tournaments, and other similar activities are prohibited.
Effective Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:00 a.m., the following businesses and activities are allowed to operate:
- Bars and taverns at no more than 25% occupancy rate; and
- Bowling alleys
DPHSS also issued Guidance Memo 2020-20 relative to the minimum requirements for the opening of childcare facilities, which are based on guidance from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
The identified businesses and organizations may proceed to operate after industry-specific or organization-specific plans are developed and submitted with COVID-19 prevention and control measures outlined in the document Minimum Pandemic Workplace Operational Requirements and other requirements set forth by DPHSS. Plans must be emailed to PCOR2Plans@dphss.guam.gov. For additional questions, please contact the Division of Environmental Health at 300-9579 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Expanded COVID-19 Testing Continues
DPHSS, in collaboration with the Government of Guam, the Mayors Council of Guam, private, and federal agencies, continues expanded COVID-19 testing.
Testing is free and open to the public. No symptoms are needed to qualify for testing. If your village is not listed, please proceed to a neighboring village for testing. Please bring an I.D., if one is available. The expanded testing schedule is as follows:
COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing:
- Tuesday, June 16, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Piti Mayor’s Office
- Free and open to Piti residents
- Wednesday, June 17, 2020, 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. at the Santa Rita Senior Center
- Free and open to Santa Rita residents
- Thursday, June 18, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the St. Anthony Church grounds, Tamuning
- Free and open to Tamuning and Tumon residents
- Tuesday, June 23, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the GPD Police Koban Parking Lot (next to Barrigada Community Center)
- Free and open to Barrigada residents
- Wednesday, June 24, 2020, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. at the Agana Heights Mayor’s Office
- Free and open to Agana Heights residents
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please call your health care provider. If a patient does not have a regular health care provider, they can call any of the Community Health Centers or the DPHSS Medical Triage Hotline phone numbers listed below to report symptoms and obtain guidance from clinicians, or call 311 and dial option number 1.
- (671) 480-7859
- (671) 480-6760/3
- (671) 480-7883
- (671) 687-6170 (ADA Dedicated Number)
For inquiries on COVID-19, contact 311 through a local number, or call the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.