A total of 123 tests were performed from March 12, 2020 through March 21, 2020 with conclusive results. To date, a total of 15 cases tested positive and 108 cases tested negative for COVID-19. All 15 confirmed cases remain in isolation.
The Government of Guam is aggressively implementing its planned COVID-19 response to identify and contain transmission of COVID-19 in Guam. With any change in status, anticipate timely notification. As part of the response, Public Health officials may be calling residents from a local landline or mobile phone number to obtain further information. This is not a scam. DPHSS does not ask for any financial details during the call.
Guam COVID-19 known positive cases consist of imported cases among international travelers and cases among close contacts of a known case. There is evidence of community transmission at this time. Due to the investigation process for each confirmed case, more information on profiles of confirmed cases is forthcoming.
Stop the Spread: Stay Home if Sick, Keep a Minimum of Six Feet Between You and Others
There is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19. The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Stop the spread:
- Stay home when you are sick. Keep away from others who are sick and limit face-to-face contact with others.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
Medical Triage Hotline Numbers for COVID-19
If you are experiencing symptoms consistent with COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. If a patient does not have a regular health care provider, they can call any of the Community Health Centers or the DPHSS Medical Triage Hotline Phone Numbers listed below to report symptoms and obtain guidance from clinicians:
- (671) 480-7859
- (671) 480-6760/3
- (671) 480-7883
- (671) 687-6170 (ADA Dedicated Number)
These numbers are operational daily, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. and are limited to medical-related inquiries only.
Stay Up to Date with Reputable Sources
It is important to note that the situation can change quickly. The community is reminded to only share official notices and visit the following links for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- DPHSS website: http://dphss.guam.gov/2019-novel-coronavirus-2019-n-cov/
- GHS/OCD website: https://ghs.guam.gov/coronavirus-covid-19
For media inquiries, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10 Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.