UPDATE: Public Health in Mangilao is Open Today; Limited Services provided at some DPHSS Facilities
The Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) would like to inform the public that power was restored last night to all DPHSS facilities and we are now open but with limited services being provided. The limited services are result of the government of Guam’s network system, which is currently being assessed by the Office of Technology. We ask for the public’s patience as we continue to work closely with the Office of Civil Defense/Guam Homeland Security, and other partners to ensure that our services become fully operational.
Please refer to the list below:
- Division of Environmental Health (DEH)
- New and renewing applications for Health Certificates are being accepted at the Central Mangilao facility. Holders of Health Certificates that expired on Sept. 8-12 must renew their certificates by September 17.
- The Permit Center in Upper Tumon are open for regular business on Wednesdays and Fridays to accept Sanitary Permit applications. Pre-operational inspections scheduled for today are confirmed.
- Applications for the Guam Controlled Substances Registration are being accepted at the Central Mangilao facility.
- Division of Public Health (DPH)
- Office of Vital Statistics: The processing of vital records: birth, death and marriage certificates can be processed, however, processing time will take longer than usual.
- Immunization Program: The Immunization Program is unable to issue copies of immunization records at this time and until the network is fully operational.
- Northern Regional Community Health Center (NRCHC): Pharmacy services at the NRCHC in Dededo is currently not available.
- Division of Senior Citizens (DSC)
- Adult Day Care (ADC): The Macheche Adult Day Care Center is operational effective 09/13/18. The ADC Dementia located in Wusstig Road, Dededo and ADC South located in Inarajan will remain closed until power is restored.
- Senior Center Operations (SCO): The Agana Heights, Astumbo, Dededo, and Sinajana Senior Citizens Centers are operational effective 09/13/18. The following SCO centers will remain closed until power is restored:
- Santa Rita
- Elderly Nutrition Program (ENP):At this time, the only operational telephone number to contact the Elderly Nutrition Program for Congregate and Home-Delivered Meals is 475-8888.
For more information regarding services, please contact DPHSS at 735-7159.