COR 1 means that damaging winds of 39 mph are expected .
Based on the latest forecast, Typhoon Mangkhut is expected to pass near or north of Rota late afternoon as a Category 2 or low-end Category 3 intensity typhoon.
Guam can expect the following wind speeds:
· Damaging winds of 39 mph or more are expected as early as early as
· Destructive winds of 58 mph or more are expected by early as
· Closest Point of Approach is expected around
Damaging winds will last from early afternoon through early morning.
Remember, these are projections and the storm still have the ability to slow down, speed up, move farther south or even strengthen. Continue to prepare.
At COR1 - Remain Indoors/Stay off the Roadways
During COR 1, the community is strongly encouraged to stay indoors and remain off the roadways. At COR 1, typhoon conditions will be dangerous to life and property.
Please make sure your emergency preparedness kits and all essential materials to include flashlights, candles, and battery-operated radios are easily accessible.
Sirens and Emergency Alert System to be used
The All Hazards Emergency Alert System (AHAWS) siren systems and the Emergency Alert System (EAS) through television and radio will be used beginning at 4 a.m.
The community can expect to hear voiced messaging over the AHAWS announcing COR 1 and the EAS message over television and radio announcing COR 1 for Guam beginning at
How Can I Stay Up to Date with the Joint Information Center?
The Joint Information Center is the Government of Guam, military and federal government’s clearinghouse for accurate information during emergencies. The following is a list of radio partners, where you can get updated information about Typhoon Mangkhut:
o KSTO 95.5 FM
o 102.9 KISH FM
o Isla 630 AM
o K57 AM
o I94 FM
o Power 98 FM
o Hit Radio 100
o Cool FM
o The BOSS 104.3
o Star 101.1
o 101.9 KTKB
o 105.1 KAT FM
o 99.5 The Shark
o KHMG 88.1 FM
o The Point 93.3
TV and Newspaper partners include:
• KUAM: kuam.com
• Pacific News Center: pacificnewscenter.com
• Guam Daily Post: postguam.com
• Pacific Daily News: guampdn.com
Visit the following links for the latest advisory information:
· NWS Website: http://www.prh.noaa.
· NWS Facebook: https://www.
· GHS/OCD Website: https://ghs.guam.gov/
· GHS/OCD Facebook: https://www.
· Joint Region Marianas Facebook: https://www.
· Governor Calvo Facebook: https://www.
For more information, contact the Joint Information Center at (671) 478-0208/09/10.