- SPECIAL BULLETIN -
NWS Issues Flood Warning for Guam; Drive with Caution
- Press Release
- Posted on Date: 08/05/2019 08:15 am
· Move to higher ground.
· Stay away from storm drains, culverts, creeks, and streams.
· Water levels can rise rapidly and sweep people away.
· Turn Around, Don’t Drown. Avoid walking or driving through flood waters. Just 6 inches of moving water can knock you down, and 2 feet of water can sweep your vehicle away
· If there is a chance of flash flooding, move immediately to higher ground.
· If floodwaters rise around your car but the water is not moving, abandon the car and move to higher ground. If the water is moving, do not leave the car.
· Avoid camping, parking, or hiking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall. These areas can flood quickly and with little warning.
· Visit https://www.ready.gov/floods to learn more.