All Food and Water Vending Establishments
- Power and water must always be available to operate your business.
- If there is no power and/or water, the establishment must cease operation.
- If a generator is used as an alternate power source, operators must ensure that all cold holding temperatures are maintained at 41˚F or below for refrigerator units, at 0˚F or below, for freezer units, and all hot holding temperatures are maintained at 140˚F or above for all hot holding units.
- All perishable food (i.e. meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk, cut melons, cut tomatoes, cut leafy greens, sprouts) must be maintained at 41˚F or below or 140˚F or above and must be discarded if it does not meet the proper holding temperatures.
- Frozen food that is still somewhat thawed or has ice crystals can still be refrozen or used immediately.
- Discard perishable food that has been in the refrigerator for more than seven days.
- Hot water must be always be provided for all handwashing sinks, three-compartment sinks, and warewashing machines.
All Schools and Child Care Establishments
• Adequate lighting must be provided to promote comfortable lighting environmental (i.e. prevention of hazards).
• Ventilation shall be adequate to provide proper circulation of needed air within a room by either windows or mechanical ventilators. Classrooms shall not exceed a temperature of 84˚F.
• If a generator is used as an alternate power source, food operations must follow the requirements listed above.
• Hot water must always be provided for all handwashing sinks, three-compartment sinks, and warewashing machines.
For further information about this requirement, please the Food Safety Program of the Division of Environmental Health at 300-9578, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.